Molecular evaluation solutions
Odournet’s specialist molecular evaluation services are used to:
- characterise the chemical composition of air samples
- measure the concentration of specific airborne pollutants.
How can we help?
We offer a wide range of chemical analysis services for a variety of sectors. All these services are versatile, state-of-the-art, comprehensive and specialist.
- Versatile: Odournet’s molecular evaluation services have been specifically developed for use in assessing odour problems, but can also be used for general air quality and health/odour impact studies.
- State-of-the-art: All chemical analysis services are delivered in-house by Odournet’s team of highly experienced gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) specialists in our GC-MS/Time of Flight (GCMS/TOF) laboratory in Barcelona. TOF offers outstanding analysis results, thanks to its full-spectral sensitivity – far superior to conventional quadrupole systems, which detect only a narrow range of masses. This means that, unlike most other similar laboratories, the Odournet lab uses pioneering, state-of-the-art analytical equipment to detect and quantify chemical compounds at very low concentrations in the sub-ppt (parts per trillion) range. We also make use of advanced software and our unique compound library to identify odour-relevant compounds. The Odournet library is based on extensive literature review and in-house odour thresholds gained from thousands of studies in all odour-relevant sectors in the last 30 years.
- Comprehensive and specialist: We’ve been sensory experts for more than 30 years, building up an enviable reputation for excellence along the way. This puts us in the unique position of being able to offer combined sensory and molecular services – so you get the best of both worlds.
Our team of experts can take care of the sampling for you. Or, if you prefer, we can provide you with a sampling equipment kit, which is both affordable and easy to use. Samples can be shipped to us from anywhere in the world.
Need to know more?
Odournet offers a wide range of molecular evaluation services:
- high-resolution GCMS/TOF
- gas chromatography with ion-mobility spectrometry (GC-IMS) to visualise and measure the composition of selected environmental odours
- analysis of siloxanes in biogas and air samples
- determination of specific compound groups (e.g. mercaptans and ketones)
- other specialist analysis techniques.
If you’d like more information about any of these services, please contact your local Odournet office.