Temporary Environmental Monitoring Technician (4 months)
Office Location: Bristol
Working hours: 40 hours per week Monday – Friday (occasional weekend working may be required)
Contract type: Temporary (4 months) – required immediately for summer period
Reporting to: Sampling manager
Closing date for applications: 3rd June 2019
Odournet UK Ltd is a growing market leading company with a world class reputation for providing high quality specialist services for assessment of odour and air quality related problems. Our odour monitoring and consultancy team have an established UK presence serving clients in the waste and water industry, and across a wide range of other industrial sectors. Due to an increasing workload we are seeking individuals to join our specialist team to assist in delivery of high quality specialist odour and air quality projects. The role will be based in our office in Bristol and is a good opportunity to gain skills in an environmental role.
You will be expected to take an active role in the delivery of Odournet’s environmental odour monitoring and analysis programme, working with Odournet’s consultants and a diverse range of clients. The duties will include:
- Collection of environmental air samples from a range of industrial, water and waste sites.
- Calibration and maintenance of sampling and laboratory equipment.
- Liaison with clients, site operators and consultants.
- Assisting with laboratory analyses.
- Reporting of sampling and analysis results.
- Over-night stays and travel within the UK and Europe.
The role would suit practical and self-motivated applicants who enjoy working outdoors.
Skills and qualities required:
- Practical experience in environmental monitoring (desirable, but not essential).
- Ability to learn and pick up new skills rapidly and accurately.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and with attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Full driving licence and passport (ESSENTIAL, applications without these will not be successful).
- Full training will be provided.
- Competitive salary.
- Friendly and flexible work environment.
Odournet UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.