Job Opening Bristol: Senior Air Quality & Odour Consultant
Odournet has a unique opportunity for an exceptional individual to join its consultancy team in Bristol, UK.
The successful candidate will have existing experience within the consultancy sector preferably in relation to odour or air quality and be experienced in the application dispersion models for impact assessment purposes and GIS systems.
Who we are
Odournet are a leading consultancy and subject matter experts in the area of environmental odour and air quality with offices in the UK, Spain, France, Brazil and India. We provide high quality specialist services to assist companies to characterise, assess and control environmental odours and air quality issues.
You will be expected to take a lead role in the delivery of odour and air quality assessment projects for a diverse range of clients. The duties will include:
- Project management and client liaison
- Quotation and report preparation.
- Design and implementation of on site surveys
- Dispersion modelling of odour and air quality pollutants (using the US EPA Aermod and Calpuf dispersion models).
- Problem solving and data analysis.
- Budget control.
The majority of the company’s work is in the UK and Ireland. However, you may get the opportunity to travel further afield as part of Odournet’s global projects team.
Experience and personal characteristics
- 3+ years consultancy (or equivalent) experience.
- Experience in the application of dispersion models for assessing air quality (Breeze AERMOD, ADMS or CALPUFF). Proficiency is desirable.
- High level of numeracy and computer literacy.
- Confident, conscientious and self-starting.
- Reliable and adaptable.
- A team player with a passion for what you do.
- Excellent verbal and written English with proven reporting skills.
Education, Qualifications, Memberships:
- A minimum of a BSc degree in a relevant (scientific) discipline. Masters / doctorate is desirable.
- You are likely to be a member of the IAQM, IEnvSc or similar.
- Training & mentoring in a specialist and growing area of environmental science.
- Competitive salary.
- Bonus scheme.
- Friendly, team-focused and varied work environment.
- Continuing professional development.
- A full clean driving licence is required.
- A valid passport.
Please send your application by email at: Paul Ottley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include an introductory letter describing why you feel the role is a good fit to your skills and experience, plus an up to date CV. Odournet UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Full-time