Job Opening: Principal consultant / technical director (UK)
We are currently seeking a principal consultant / technical director to join our UK team. For the right candidate, there is potential to develop into this role in a position on the Odournet UK Ltd main board.
As an experienced air quality consultant with a proven track record in business development within the UK environment consultancy sector, you will be required to actively promote Odournet in the UK and Irish market places and assist in the technical direction and management of a team of specialists based in Wiltshire and Gt Manchester.
You will utilise your strong technical skills to support and add value to Odournet’s client base, and promote our values of quality, technical excellence and exceptional customer experience.
You will drive delivery of Odournet’s operational and performance objectives, and provide leadership to its staff in-keeping with Odournet’s existing culture and values.
The role will be based in either at our head office in Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, or our Altrincham Office. Regular travel across the UK and Ireland can be expected.
The role would suit an ambitious, customer focussed professional who is looking for an opportunity to take a leading role in a small but highly successful business and take an active part in the development of the group as a global brand.
In return you will receive an attractive remuneration package including a generous holiday allowance and pension.
Technical Skills, Abilities, Experience:
- A proven track record of developing new business within the UK consultancy sector.
- Experience of working within and leading a small team of technically orientated staff.
- Proven management skills, ideally within a small business / team environment.
- Experience in the application of dispersion models or air quality assessments (theory and practice).
- Detailed knowledge of UK legislation in relation to air quality and odour.
- Evidence of applying your initiative in a business context.
- You will ideally have an established profile in the UK environmental market.
Education, Qualifications, Memberships:
- A degree / higher degree in a relevant discipline is required.
- You are likely to be a member of the IAQM, IEnvSc (or similar).
- Confident and conscientious.
- Attention to detail and quality orientated.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Proactive and driven.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to bring projects in on time and on budget.
- Commercial awareness and ability to sell technical services and products.
- Good communication skills.
- A full driving license is required.
Applications and Enquiries:
To apply for this position, please submit your CV together with current salary details to email@example.com.
Odournet is an equal opportunities employer. For details of our equal opportunities policy please contact Nick Jones on the above email address.