Job Offer in our head office in Bradford on Avon
Odournet UK Ltd is a growing market leading company with a world class reputation for providing high quality specialist services for sensory assessments. The role is within our products and materials testing team and will be based in our head office in Bradford on Avon.
You will be expected to take a lead role in the sales and growth of specialist sensory testing services, working closely alongside UK based consultants as well as Odournet’s product testing teams in France and Spain.
- To attract new customers in the field of odour evaluation of products and materials, both at a national and international level, and in sectors that are complementary with the experience and strategic objectives of the Odournet Group.
- To contribute to the development of a marketing strategy and dissemination of Odournet Group services in sensory and chemical assessment for products and materials testing.
- To coordinate consultancy projects, technical laboratory services, specialized training, etc. on products and materials testing, with regards to the characterization of odours, from both chemical and sensory perspectives, and its relationship to the processes involved.
- To define and execute experimental design laboratory studies, coordinate teams and sensory panels, handle laboratory equipment, data processing, etc.
- To write reports geared to the needs of customers, publish studies on relevant scientific and technical journals, participate in conferences and technical seminars, etc.
- Experience in the acquisition and management of consultancy projects related to sensory aspects of products and materials in a variety of sectors (hygiene and cosmetics, chemical, pharmaceutical, automotive, plastics and packaging, consumer goods, food, etc.).
- Outgoing and positive personality, confident in engaging with potential clients and comfortable with a variety of communication tools including telecommunication, one-to-one meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations.
- Knowledge on sensory aspects of odours and/or advanced chemical analysis techniques (olfactometry, GC-Sniffing, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge in advanced statistics applied in sensory analysis, methodologies in sensory analysis, nutrition physiology/neuroscience, sensory science preferred.
Technical Skills, Abilities, Experience:
- An MSc in a relevant (scientific) discipline
- A minimum experience of 1 year business development and/or consultancy environment in a technical field, preferably with regard to sensory testing.
Skills and abilities:
- Communication skills and ability to establish networking.
- Ability to work together in multidisciplinary environments.
- Good knowledge, organizational skills and leadership.
- Commitment and cooperation.
- Orientation towards customer satisfaction and quality of results.
- Proactivity and motivation.
For further information, please contact Dr. Andrew Meacham on 01225 868869. Applications should include an introductory letter and CV together with current salary details if relevant.
Odournet UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Company: Odournet UK Ltd
Location: Bradford on Avon
Contract: Full-time (40 hours / week)
Job type: Full time