Job opening: Odour Consultant / Senior Consultant
Office Location: Bradford on Avon or Altrincham, Greater Manchester
Working hours: 40 hours per week Monday – Friday
Discipline team: Odour and air quality
Reporting to: Consultancy management team and the consultancy director.
Salary: Competitive basic salary, pension, generous holiday entitlement (32 days inclusive of bank holidays), mentoring and full training in a high growth area of environment science.
Odournet UK Ltd is a growing market leading company with a world class reputation for providing high quality specialist services for assessment of odour and air quality related problems.
Our odour consultancy team have an established UK presence serving clients in the water industry, and across a wide range of industrial sectors. Due to an increasing workload, we are seeking individuals with air quality experience to join our specialist team to assist in delivery of high quality specialist odour and air quality consultancy advice.
The role will be based in Bradford on Avon or Altrincham and complement our existing team of 18 staff.
As an odour specialist, you will take an active role in the delivery of odour assessment projects for a diverse range of clients in the industrial, water and waste sectors.
You will be involved in all aspects of project delivery from client liaison and task / project management, to site monitoring, report production and business development. A high level of technical competence is required with practical experience in odour or air quality monitoring and dispersion modelling software highly desirable. Additional training on the use of dispersion modelling software, odour assessment and monitoring techniques would be provided.
Technical Skills, Abilities, Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year experience within an environmental consultancy environment (3 to 5 for the senior role).
- Detailed dispersion modelling (Breeze AERMOD or ADMS).
- Practical knowledge of GIS systems and their application.
- Familiar with ambient air quality and odour monitoring techniques.
- Experience with the consultancy environment, client liaison and project management.
Education, Qualifications, Memberships:
- An MSC in a relevant (scientific) discipline.
- You are likely to be a member of the IAQM, IEnvSc or similar.
- Keen to learn new skills and become an expert.
- Confident and conscientious.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player with the ability to work to deadlines and promote our core values of quality and customer service.
- Reliable and adaptable.
- A full driving licence is required.
Applications and Enquiries:
To apply for this position, please submit your CV together with current salary details to Nick Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Odournet UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. For details of our equal opportunities policy please contact email@example.com